Ask the designer
Prices can vary depending on the builder you choose to engage and can expect prices to range from $1100- $1400 per square meter. Also keep in mind the site’s condition (land fall, soil type, etc.) may affect prices as it makes construction more challenging.
Our turn-around time is 5-7 working days for each stage of the design process. For the average project the design goes through a minimum of 2 to 5 stages (from sketch design stage to final building approval stage). Keep in mind that when a project requires development approval from town planning it will take an additional 3-4 months for council approval.
A: It depends on two important elements, the complexity of the home and the chosen builder. A simple single storey home will usually take 5- 6 months while a two storey home will roughly take 6- 8 months. Keep in mind that every home design is different and that each site provides a range of different challenges that will impact the building process.
There are many misconceptions about choosing steel or timber structure, such as steel structures are noisier than timber. However, with the refinement of the newer steel structures, there is a less noticeable difference.
Advantages of building with timber.
- Slightly less expensive then steel frame
- Easier to work with
- Easier to fix errors on site
- Can be treated for termites.
- Timber has better a thermal transfer rate when comparing a house using similar building insulation (timber frame will keep your home cooler)
- Easy to install hooks and brackets off walls in the future
Advantages of building with Steel.
- Termite resistance (keep in mind that using steel structure does not protect 100% of your home. Proper termite protection system should still be used to protect other items in your home (timber flooring, cabinetry, etc.)
- More accurate
It is also important to note that timber is a more environmentally friendly solution as the process in which steel frames is manufactured produce a greater carbon footprint.